Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little lesson.

I can feel a change in my blogging coming on.  I'm not sure what has triggered it or how long it will last, but I want to write more often, not waiting for some significant event or amazing photos before I post.  My intent for this blog was originally to keep Grandparents and family in the loop on our comings and goings, but since none of them really read it...  :)  No pressure, Grandparents, but it's true.  So I think I will try to record more often the day -to-day little things with the intent of maybe having books printed as a sort of family journal.  You know, for me to remember more than for everyone else to see.

Anyway, loyal readers, not that this blog was ever super exciting, but it might be even less exciting now with just my ramblings filling the space...  So stay tuned.  Or not.  :)

Yesterday in the car Bennett tweaked Jacob's nose really hard (for whatever reason...  I have no idea why) and Jacob started to cry.  Hard.  I held onto Bennett's hands and tried to cheer Jake up by saying, "Okay, Jakie, get him!  Pinch his nose so he can see if he likes it!  Hurry!  Get him!"  Jacob's response really surprised me.  It also humbled me!  He said, through many many tears, "NO!  He's my brother!"  

I hope Bennett and I always remember that lesson.


6 comments:

Mrs B said...

Awww. Sweet little Jakers. I'm with you on the ramblings. I have so many thoughts bobbling around my head & I would do much better to get them posted on my blog than to wait & put them in my journal. Especially w/ my amnesia. I don't remember anything by the time I get there.

Unknown said...

That is very, very sweet. I also find blogging to be a good journaling tool, since I gave up Sophie's paper journal years ago. I like to look back and see what she did. Of course someday she'll use my blog entries as fuel for therapy...

val said...

so sweet. what an awesome moment to never forget. love to see what bennett says about that when hes older:)

Jenni said...

Our Grandparents are not good blog readers either. I think they should be the #1 readers! They will say stuff to me and I know by what they have said they have not read the blog for 3 or 4 weeks. I don't understand it. Looking forward to your ramblings!!

Jami said...

I love blogging for so many reasons. One, to stay in touch with long lost friends, and two for myself, a personal record of my life, thoughts and feelings. Yet sometimes I feel like I should have two seperate blogs...one for me, and one for others.

Sometimes I worry because I don't want to bore anyone, or fear that I look like I am trying to "show" the world what I am doing. But I found the more I worried about it the less I liked doing it (which totally defeats the point right?)

Now I just hope that those who read it, do so for the right reason and not to be entertained.

BTW - I am in the middle of publishing my blog right now - lots of work but so exciting. I feel like I have a in depth summary of my life over the past year and a half and it is something I will always treasure!

Julie said...

I see a RS lesson or testimony meeting repeat coming up! :)