Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trunk-or-Treat (That phrase makes no sense, but okay.)

You know it's going to be a good Halloween when Owen looks this cute as Harry Potter!

We enjoyed yet another great 9th Ward Halloween party tonight. It really was fun, and the kids are in love with their costumes, which makes all the hours of running around, gathering, sewing, and finally dressing them up all worth it. Here are some pics of the festivities.
You'll notice Jason in his traditional rocker garb. This year it was Jake's turn to be a little afraid of him. It's always entertaining to watch the ward members try to figure out if he's really playing the guitar or if it is some kind of tricky shenanigan. They are usually really impressed/amused/amazed to find out it's really him playing with his guitar plugged into a tiny amp in his pocket. It always makes a couple of the older generation nervous. Did I mention he's in the Bishopbric?
The third Lambert baby to wear the dragon costume.

Owen, Anthony Darley and Bennett.

Liv is really excited about the spell Owen is casting!

This has to be one of the all-time greatest pictures of my kids. Post-party partying in the bathtub. Yes, they are eating candy. In the tub.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We did our first trunk-or-treat last year and loved it! We do that, then go trick-or-treating up by Lundstrom Park.

Jenni said...

It looks like so much fun!! The kids are so cute in their costumes.

mrs.d said...

You had better be dressing Owen up like that for school on Friday!..I will stick around to see it!..TOO cute!! And the candy in the tub is awesome...seriously, you need to write a play-by-play book on "how to be the coolest mom ever" book for me to follow!

mrs.d said...

scratch that second "book"...oops!

Becca Hatch said...

I love the cute pictures of your boys! Also, candy in the tub is totally fine. I've done whole dinners in the tub for Kate, and that's no lie.

Mrs B said...

Oh my word. You are the mom of the year. Again. Them kids is sure cute. And I eat candy in the tub all the time, so don't think you invented it.

Jami said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the costumes!!! Harry potter is my favorite.

Murray Ohana said...

Owen makes the cutest Harry Potter I have ever seen. I haven't always looked forward to Halloween. Brooke, I don't have your talent for whipping up awesome costumes for each one of my kids. This year I am finally looking forward to our ward trunk or treat tomorrow night. For one, I am not in charge of it. Two, I actually know what all of my kids are wearing and have the costume ready, Three, Jason and I have our costumes ready, and Four, I don't have to make and bring food. YEAH! Happy Halloween!

val said...

LOVE the candy eating in the tub-why did I never think of that? I will tell everyone that you DID invent that cause I had NEVER EVER thought or heard of that before. Awesome

Andrea said...

what, a long-haired, guitar-playing thirty-something isn't your typical bishopric member? weird. i remember the first time i saw darren perkes long-boarding down our street and thinking, 'hey, that's our 2nd counselor.' it cheered me for some reason.