Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ouch.

Owen had his first earache Monday night.  It was terrible.  Because Owen is a child who really feels no pain, I knew it must be bad.  He was screaming and writhing in pain, poor little guy.  I cried a little too.  I had run out to Old Navy while Jason was putting kids in bed (what an awesome man!).  He called me to find out if we had any ear drops and/or painkiller, and I could hear Owen freaking out in the background.  Apparently, Owen had even asked Jason if he could have the lid of a pen to stick in his ear because it was itchy.  YIKES!  By the time I got home Owen was asleep, but he awoke a few times more.  Then, just as suddenly as it started, it was gone, and Owen was fine.  Weird.  Phew.  Hooray!

This has been a month of firsts for Owen, as he pointed out to us. He threw up for the first time, had his first soccer game, and his first earache.  Let's hope for some more pleasant firsts in the near future, eh?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

He's never thrown up before? That's a little miracle right there.