Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Funnies.

As we left the church today, Jake rode along beside me on his little bike singing a favorite primary song called Follow the Prophet.  He repeated this refrain over and over again,  "Follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet..."  It was really cute, and I was wondering if he had hear his brothers sing it or perhaps learned it in nursery.  But as we headed up the sidewalk surrounded by lots of other ward-members, his refrain changed.  He began singing in a low, growly voice, "Follow the debil (devil), follow the debil, follow the debil..."  

I laughed so hard and wonder what the passers-by thought.  Noone really said anything.  I think he's had the devil on his mind with his Halloween costume and all.

Also, my parents stopped by for a few minutes this afternoon. What a treat! My mom made the kids Mac & Cheese while I fed Finn.  Mac & Cheese is Owen's favorite.  But he was really surprised to find out that it is actually called KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese.  All this time he thought it was called CRAP Macaroni and Cheese.  Again, I laughed out loud.  Funny that he was okay eating Crap Mac & Cheese all these years.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Now that is the best Sunday Funny I have read in a LONG time. :)

Murray Ohana said...

Our lives would be so dull without kids... and Brooke, it's so great that you are writing about all of these funny things your kids say. I wish I took more time, like you do, to record all the funny things my kids say.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Crap Mac & Cheese, I love it! Could you see it if he went to a friend's house and they were serving Kraft and he said, "Sorry, I only eat the crap kind."

Jenni said...

So funny!!