Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Friday


My husband is seriously the best ever. For Valentine's Day he got us tickets to see Riverdance at Kingsbury Hall in Salt Lake. It was so much fun! We went to eat at the Olive Garden first, always yummy, and then braved traffic into the big city. We BARELY made it into our seats before the show started. Jason dropped me off, and then went in search of parking. So I ran in and found the line to the ladies' room winding way out of the restroom and down the hall! Luckily, the line moved pretty fast, and a nice girl at the front of the line even offered to let me in front of her. She said she always wishing for people in bathroom lines to have compassion for her while she was pregnant. I declined, but it was very sweet. Anyhow, Jason miraculously found a parking spot right around the corner from the theater in front of the Pie Pizzeria and made it into his seat before I even left the bathroom. Phew. I stepped on a man's toe while trying to get to my seat, and he grunted really loud, like I must have broken it, or something. I felt terrible. Having a large, pregnant woman stomp on your toe is no fun, especially for this guy, who didn't appear to be enjoying his Riverdance experience much at all. His head could often be found buried in his hands when another long flute solo began. Not to mention, it was about 100 degrees on the back row of Kingsbury Hall's balcony, which is where we were sitting. Poor guy was sweating profusely. I'm sure his wife loved the show, though, and it was all worth it. He wasn't really limping on our way out, either, so hopefully his toe is okay.

Really, the show was EXCELLENT. I loved all the dancing. I am really excited to join the team someday. Strange that they haven't called me yet. HA! Yes, the dancing was great, but sometimes even I wanted to bury my head in my hands during the extend0-new age music stuff. Jason and I had lots of fun with it, though. We thought of the Stonehenge scene of Spinal Tap from time to time, and shared a silent laugh. Oh, and the male dancers were my favorite part. They are so incredible. Check out the Thunderstorm dance! It will give you both a taste of the Stonehenge new-age stuff that made us chuckle, and also the AWESOME dancing.

(Can any of my dancing friends tell me how on earth they do that heel-click right into a cut thing at the end moving forward? It's so cool!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I saw that Riverdance was coming and wanted to go. Great Valentine's Day gift! You are so nice too, about stepping on the guy's foot..he should've moved out of the way.

Sandra said...

It's such a great show. I'm glad you were able to go. I was thinking of you in your little shoes and dress while I was watching. I was trying to imagine you up there tapping away. It would have been very cute. Someday I want to see it for real.

Jami said...

You are the first person I thought of when I saw that Riverdance was coming! I am so excited that you got to go. Way to go Jason!

Julie said...

Next time I see you I'll show you that move. I totally can do it only better. I know that dance too. I wonder why they haven't called me yet either? Disappointing really.

Unknown said...

I was also able to see the show and it was FANTASTIC. Better than I ever expected. Thought of you Brooke and was hoping you would get to see it.

Mrs B said...

I noticed that you asked if any of your 'dancing friends' could explain how they do that fancy move, and have to say I was quite offended. If you'd have just asked me you'd already know the answer. Magic. Obviously. There is no other earthly explanation for the way their legs flail about as if independent from their bodies, in time with one another's. Yowza.

Brooke said...

Duh, Jaime, you ARE included in the phrase "dancing friends." You are, after all, the dancing QUEEN! I guess I could call you my dancing sista.