Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!













This morning we celebrated at the fine restaurant, Chez Lambert. On the menu were pink pancakes and stawberry syrup. And Simply Orange orange juice, which is THE best ever, and generally purchased only on special occasions at our house because we can finish off the bottle in about 15 minutes. There was a new Valentine book waiting at each spot at the table. Bennett's was the favorite: "Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink." Monsieur Lambert took orders as well as cooking up the pancakes, while I tried to get Bennett ready for school.

Later, I witnessed the cutest thing ever in the history of the world: Bennett's class at the Adams Elementary Valentine's Tea, an annual tradition known far and wide. Okay, that's a stretch. But it was truly sweet. I got to help out a little, but mostly just watched my boy with his friends and felt so very proud of him.

This afternoon we had our own little Valentine's Tea Party with Ruby and Jade. Cookies and punch and Skittles! What could be better to a kid? I am anticipating a big sugar meltdown in just a couple of hours.

Jason left for Washington DC this morning... Sniff, sniff. I'll miss my Valentine! We ALL will. The boys will really miss their wrestling/ lightsaber fighting/ Lego-knight storytelling/ snow fort building buddy for the next few days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The Valentine's Tea was really cute! I love how into it the students get. It was fun being at the school today and seeing the kids all dressed up. I love your Valentine's gifts to each other...and pink pancakes? That's awesome!

Julie said...

You are a hero mom. Every time Jason leaves town I realize how much energy you really have. I would be found dead on my kitchen floor after just day one. You look really pretty in that shot at the Tea. Good job on the breakfast thing. Where do you find the energy & ideas?

Becca Hatch said...

I better not tell Kate about all the fun you had or she is going to want to be adopted. Then she can never marry one of your boys. I was lame and did very little, but I think you have inspired me for next year. Also, if you like the Simply Orange, try their limeade. Delicious!

Jami said...

I had many good years at the famous Adams Elementary Valentines Tea. Thanks for bringing back the memories for me! Hang in there with Jason gone - feel free to call me anytime day or night- Troy leaves first thing in the morning for two weeks - TWO WEEKS! Yowzer!

Jeff and Rose said...

What the hell? Am I just totally clueless or something? Parents celebrate Valentines with their children?? Since when? Shoot, I really am a big V-Day turd because I wouldn't have even considered the idea of having a celebration. Pancakes, pink syrup? Hum, I don't know if I can even fake that kind of happiness at breakfast.