Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday


Happy Birthday, President Lincoln! Today I helped in Bennett's classroom, and enjoyed watching the kids dress up and sing about President Washington and President Lincoln. I asked Bennett to tell me the lyrics of their little song, and this is what he could remember. Pretty impressive, but I think we're missing a few lines. That's okay.

When Lincoln was president a long, long time ago
He dressed so very differently it would make you laugh Ho Ho
He wore buckles on his shoes
His pants up around his knees
And a hat with three corners
If you please!

When Lincoln was president a long, long time ago
He dressed so very differently it would make you laugh Ho Ho
His coat was down to his knees
His beard covered up his chin alright
His hat a stovepipe
If you please!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

One of my very favorite songs of all time I must say. I know all the lyrics correctly if you are interested.

Sandra said...

I said that with a smile. Certainly not intending to be rude or anything.

Sandra said...

Okay, I guess I'm a total dork. Maddie thought that was stupid and she's really embarrassed for me. She wants to be someone else's child right now.

Brooke said...

Truly! I am so impressed! I would love to know the lyrics, and I am not at all surprised that you know them, my musical friend.