Sunday, November 2, 2008

Leaf me alone.


Not really! I don't want you to leave me alone. I just wanted to use the word leaf in a sentence before I tell this story:

We have the cutest neighbors ever ever ever named the Thompsons. Rex and Edna are the sweetest people you will ever meet. Edna is Grandma Ed to all the kids in the neighborhood. So don't think I'm poking too much fun at her when I tell this story, because I do love her. It's just that she wastes lots of water by spraying the leaves off her lawn with a high-pressure hose every fall. It cracks me up! But this year I saw her and Rex actually raking up the leaves, placing them on a tarp and moving them to the curb where Logan City comes to pick them all up. (I love Logan City for doing this.) I thought they had perhaps given up on the spray method because we live in a desert and all. But later that day, I passed by again and saw Edna out with the hose, spraying up into the trees in an attempt to knock down all remaining leaves.

I love Edna.

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

First of all, I loved your tales of Halloween! And you do not look old or tired- you are beautiful.

Second, Edna and Bruce must be cut from the same cloth. He views leaves remaining on trees as a personal insult.

Becca Hatch said...

Oh, and please come to visit ASAP. You all can sleep over if you want- there's plenty of room. You were right on with the directions: right at the mouth of the canyon, right at the city building/church, then take your second left "Wedgewood." Hope there's no crazy stalkers reading this. xoxo

katrina said...

I love this story! There are such cute grandmas in the 9th ward. Looks like your family is doing well!

Jami said...

OH sweet Rex and Edna. So cute

Jenni said...

I am jealous of all your leaves. Cedar trees = no leaves. We just don't get the amazing fall you all get.