Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Les Agrignons!

In August we had a visit from our amazing Canadian friends Russ and Delena Agrignon, from Squamish, B.C.  Jason met them through PROBAR, and we see them only once a year or so.  They are one of those couples who has SO much energy and life in them.  They run ultra-marathons all around the world, and live for rock-climbing and other outdoor adventures.  I basically feel really lazy when I am with them.  But they are so down to earth and cool about everything.  When I knew they were coming, I thought we should take them on some really cool adventure.  But Jason insisted that they would love a simple stroll along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and he was right.  They loved it so much, and bonded with the kids along the way.  I loved getting to know Delena better as we walked, and felt inspired by her adventurous spirit.  Granted, she doesn't have 5 kids, and our lives are wildly different, so I can't judge my lack of motivation against her extreme motivation.  But one of my highest goals in life is to help my kids establish a deep love of their natural surroundings, and she helped me see ways I could do that.













No comments: