Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snowbird

We went to an executive retreat with the PROBAR peeps at Snowbird in September. (We used this as our anniversary trip!) After just having spent time with Steven learning more about the orphans he cares for, I was a little sickened by all the money spent on spa treatments and fancy food there at Snowbird, but I tried to just hush up and enjoy it. (I'm so not a spa person.) And I did enjoy it, mostly, with the exception of the hike straight up the mountain which I finished a half hour after everyone else. Yeah. It was hard, and I almost turned around and went back to the hotel to read magazines by the rooftop pool. But instead I hiked on. I'm not going to try to make this into an analogy of life or anything. It was just really hard and I hated it until we were on our way down in the gondola. And then we ate delish food at Oktoberfest, and all was well. Ha ha!

At the top, enjoying the view most people PAY to ride the gondola up for.

But it was pretty.






Yes, Snowbird is gloriously beautiful, but not as beautiful as this sight I came home to Sunday morning... Thanks, Aunt Cami, for babysitting!

Pumpkin!  I hate leaving my kids.  I hate it.  Always.  Even when they are in good hands!  It is always such a relief to see them and cuddle them up.


But as weekends away go, this one was good.

No comments: