Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rodeo!

The rodeo was a new experience for most of our kids. I think the last time we took them Bennett was a little boy who LOVED the rodeo queens and waved to them and blew them kisses. He did not do that this year. But they were all completely fascinated by it all, and horrified just like I always have been of all the roping of young animals, and even traumatized watching the mutton bustin'. Yep. We are city slickers for sure. But I love the whole rodeo culture. I love seeing everyone dressed up in their finest Western wear, especially the young men. Love it. My sister, Jaime tells me her in-laws all dress like this all the time, and I think it's just so cool. The wild West is alive and well.









Jules and Sara's kids came to stay with us, and this was our outing their first night here.  They all loved it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to see so many new updates on your blog!! What a crazy, fun-filled life you've had lately. Your artwork is beautiful and I'm impressed that you could pull off your very own show and still manage everything else in life! I love that you still make art an important part of your life. I'm inspired by all the fun art projects you do with kids. I really want to do a summer art class for my friends' kids but the thought of it overwhelms me. You are an inspiration!