Saturday, February 16, 2013

So. I had my very own art show again. July 2012

I don't know why I thought I had time to do this, but I did it somehow, and I'm glad I did. Maybe the most rewarding thing about this show was watching my kids be amazed that I knew how to paint. I think that's important for any mom to share with her kids that she has a set of skills beyond the business of being Mom. Those hidden gems can only add to what we are able to give as Mothers (parents). But I know there is a time and a season for everything. And this probably isn't the season for solo shows in my life. I spent many a night working til 3 in the morning or later trying to get it all done. Especially when Jason's health went South, and we were all scrambling to stay afloat. I cursed myself for saying yes to Caffe Ibis to do this Gallery Walk show. But of course the big night arrives, and it all seems pretty darn peachy.
Green Canyon Tree of Life, before framing.   Tim Slocum and Anne Desjardins bought this one.
Snow Canyon, before framing.  Scott and Chris Anderson bought this one.
Antelope Island, oil color.  Elizabeth Lambert owns this one, even though I could barely part with it.  It's tiny- 5x5" I think.  And I love it. 
Millville Spring, pastel.  From a photo taken behind our friends, the Earls' house.  Purchased by Pat Lambert, a professor at USU who has bought something from all 3 of my shows at Caffe Ibis.  I should track her down and thank her personally.  I have never actually met her.
Little pastel of Sand Dune Arch in Arches Natl. Park.
Another little (5x7") pastel before framing called Wellsville Canyon Road.  This one was purchased by my very own parents who are in Africa, yes.  But they asked Jaime to pick one out for them.  I told her this one was  a good one.  And by golly, it was.  It won BEST IN SHOW at the Cache County Fair, people.  I was so proud.
Unframed pastel of Green Canyon in Winter. I love this one, and Jason REALLY loves this one, so he was happy it didn't sell.  It is hanging in his office at work.
A few paintings lined up on the mantle,  just before I took them in for framing.
Here is the show all hung at Caffe Ibis.
This little oil painting is called Globe Mallow, and it was a gift to baby Juniper, my sister's new precious baby.  I worked from a photograph taken by Cami, who loves this flower, so I thought she should have it.
Cutler Marsh.  An oil painting purchased by a very cute German professor at USU whose name I cannot remember at this moment, but who I love.
Wellsville Canyon Road, all framed and pretty.
One of my favs.  This is called After the Harvest, and belongs to my bestie, Rose Judd-Murray, who has supported me in my art since our college roommate days.  I had several requests to duplicate this painting, but I just can't.
Wellsville Spring all framed and glorious.
Temple Fork Road, a giant and expensively framed piece did not sell, and is currently hanging above the computer I am working on right now.  It's pretty.  Do you want it?
Wanted by many, but purchased before the show began by my lovely Mother-in-Law, Linda.  It's called Paradise Farm, and I do love it.  Glad it went to a good home.
Beautifully framed Snow Canyon.
The frames make them fabulous.  Here's Antelope Island again.
And The Great Salt Lake, which I also still have.  And love.
Katie Jo had people dancing in the street!  Because there was a street dance outside. Caffe Ibis is always the place to be on Gallery Walk night!

Support Crew!  Many of these folks drove up from Ogden to come see me.  I was so honored.  I love them all, but I especially love Jack's face here.  ha ha!
My peeps!
Jenny, Gordon and Naomi came to visit.  Naomi is one of my art students, so it was especially fun! (I  had a few former art students stop in, and it really meant a lot to me.
The Judd-Murray crew.  I love these people!
Cole Murray and the boys.
Trying to grab the camera? Or trying to cling to me?
SISTERS! Seriously.  I couldn't love them more!!!
Sue Fuhriman.  Sue does all my framing.  She is an expert and a genius, as well as being kind and free with good advice and support.  I love this woman.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Your art is amazing. I wish I could have been there.

Megan said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! They are all so very beautiful! You have such a special gift! My Sasha takes art lessons and has done some great pieces! So fun!